Facebook has changed a lot over the past few years. Lots of new features have been added and powerful new advertising options allow marketers to target and engage new and existing customers in ways they could never do before. Here are a few ideas to help you manage your Facebook Page more effectively, get more engagement, broaden your reach and drive more traffic to your website.
- Don’t post a text only update, nobody is going to see it
- Do post updates with visuals and videos
- Ask questions, look for feedback, run contests…anything that will get people liking, sharing commenting etc. Remember, you can now Message people who comment on your posts.
- Video is more powerful than ever. Use video updates to:
- Educate your audience…Check out how James Whelan Butchers uses video to engage with visitors.
- Inspire your audience…inspirational video always outperform sales messages in terms of shares and engagement.
- Show your new products, new features etc.
Enhancing your Facebook Page
- Add a featured video to your Page. Tell visitors what you do, what makes you special etc. Check out Avoca’s featured video and how it tells their story.
- Use the Call to Action button to encourage visitors to carry out a specific action. Facebook provides the business owner with a wide range of options.
Managing your Page
- If you want to keep a particular post at the top of your Timeline for 7 days, use the Pin to Top option. Click on the down arrow in the top right hand corner of a post and select Pin to Top.
- Use the Schedule option when you may be away for a few days and want to organise your posts
- You can target a particular audience by clicking on the icon below. This will allow you to filter by interest, age, gender and location. This option is enabled under Settings, General, Audience Optimization for Posts
Facebook has an ever expanding range of advertising options:
Use Boost your posts to promote engagement with your posts. Get more Page Likes by using Promote your Page. Drive traffic to your website by using Send people to your website. For retailers, Reach people near your business can be great for targeting people within a radius from your location. You can also add direct Call to Action buttons such as Call Now, Get Directions, Send Message. Collect leads for your business is a great new lead generation tool from Facebook. The big advantage is that, if a user is interested in signing up for your offer and clicks on the call to action, Facebook pre-fills your form with the user info it already has. This makes signing up for something a much easier user experience.
Hope you enjoy…more tips and info coming soon.